04 September 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) Critically comment on India’s drought management policy. Suggest improvements.
2) India’s rank in Global Competitiveness Index is falling since 2007. Critically examine the reasons behind this fall and explain what policy measures are required to boost India’s rank.
3) Critically comment on the procedure involved in selection and appointment of Lokpal.
4) Compare and contrast MGNREGA with earlier employment generation schemes. Critically examine if MGNREGA has been successful in its objectives.
5) Write a note on the Land Border Agreement between India and Bangladesh.
6) What are Climate-Smart Villages? Explain in detail.
7) “India should continue with its stand at the WTO to demand a permanent solution to the issue of public stockholding before the protocol on trade facilitation is signed. ” Do you support this argument? Substantiate.
8) Should the existing in-kind PDS system be replaced with a cash transfer system? Examine why.
9) Examine the reasons why Indian students are choosing to study abroad? What are its implications on India.