02 September 2013
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) Explain the role of Food Corporation of India (FCI) in ensuring food security and examine proposed and needed reforms in the structure and functioning of FCI.
2) Critically examine the events that led to the 1965 War between India and Pakistan. Explain the role played by both the military and political class in ending the war.
3) Write a critical note on India’s primary education system.
4) Examine why an agreement on civil nuclear cooperation between India and Japan is yet to materialize. Also explain the benefits for India if the deal materializes.
5) Why were banks nationalised in India in 1969? What were the consequences? Explain.
6) Discuss how internet is governed at present. What are the reforms needed in internet governance?
7) Critically discuss the health status of tribes in India. Critically examine how effective government measures have been in addressing health issues of tribes.
8) Write a note on a recent blueprint produced by the United Nations Open Working Group on Sustainable Development Goals.
9) Explain the importance of indigenisation of military hardware and examine what steps the government has taken in this regard.
10) Write a note on Basel-III framework for banks.