01 September 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) The National Food Security Act has still not been implemented by majority of state governments. Critically examine why.
2) It is said that at present countries are waging different types of wars on different fronts. Examine the nature and cause of these wars.
3) Examine how petroleum products are priced in India. Also throw light on the controversy surrounding these pricings.
4) Write a note on the contribution of ancient universities in India to art and culture of the world.
5) What is e-waste? Explain its health hazards.
6) “We rightly take pride in our political freedoms but these are yet to ensure full citizenship rights to marginalised groups.” With reference to various challenges faced by the Dalit community and Dalit entrepreneurs, critically comment on the statements.
7) Critically examine what mechanism exist at the borders between India and Pakistan to maintain their stability.
8) What are the ramifications of open defecation? Suggest ideas to eradicate this practice in India.