28 August 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) If India’s services and investment trade pact with Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) becomes reality, who benefits and why? Examine.
2) Name India’s major ports. What do you understand by ‘last-mile connectivity’ in the case of ports? Explain its benefits.
3) What do you understand by ecologically sensitive areas (ESAs) in India? Examine how two reports submitted by Madhav Gadgil and Kasturiranga panels respectively, defined and treated ESAs.
4) ‘Protectionism has certainly increased in the recent past with many ostensibly open economies adopting a stand that is clearly perceived as protectionist.’ Examine these protectionist measures and explain why is there a shift towards from openness to protectionism in developed countries.
5) Examine the grounds on which a sitting member of legislature and a cabinet minister in the government can be disqualified. Explain the opinion of the apex court on this issue.
6) Discuss which measures are usually taken by the union government to boost exports and evaluate their effectiveness.
7) Write a note on Itap (intraosseous transcutaneous amputation prosthesis)