06 August 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) With examples, illustrate the importance of social audit in evaluating the implementation and progress of government schemes.
2) “Human rights commissions are powerless to render any “real service” to human rights.” Critically comment.
3) Critically examine the impact of burgeoning e-commerce marketing services on the growth of different sectors of economy.
4) Write a critical note on India’s energy ties with the SAARC members.
5) Write a note on ‘ wi-fi backscatter’.
6) Examine the important steps that need to be taken by disaster management agencies, government and the public post – natural disasters.
7) Why is there a demand for decriminalising attempt to commit suicide in India? Critically examine the merits and demerits of existing law of criminalising suicide.
8) Write a note on the importance of the Question Hour in the Parliament.
9) “If anything, the New Development Bank (NDB) must be a template for change, not a mirror to the existing hegemony of money.” In the light of existing models of multilateral banking systems, critically analyse the statement.
10) Define and explain the importance of: Repo Rate, Reverse Repo Rate, Bank Rate, Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) rate, Statutory Liquidity Ratio and Cash Reserve Ratio.
11) Critically comment on the criticism over the 1950 “India-Nepal Treaty of Peace and Friendship” and examine why there is a call for its revision.