31 July 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) Is agricultural loan waiver policy, announced by many states and sometimes by the union government to help farmers in distress, good for the economy? Comment.
2) Examine why voluntary disclosure of income schemes (VDIS) was implemented and what has been its record.
3) Write a note on different types of landslides, their causes and remedies.
4) Critically comment on the effect of sanctions on both the parties imposed on Russia by the West.
5) Examine the leading causes of high infant and maternal mortality rates in India. What steps need to be taken and what is the cost of neglecting interventions to reduce these rates? Analyse.
6) “Such is the United Nations’ marginalisation in international relations that it is becoming irrelevant to the raging conflicts. ” Critically comment.
7) “..trade is what most of international relations are about. For that reason, trade policy is national security policy.” Evaluate in the context of India.
8) Write a note on the Nasa Mars rover, Opportunity and its significance.