[UPSC MAINS-2014] Insights Secure-2014, July 25
25 July 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) Write a note on ‘shotgun sequencing’. (100 Words)
2) Recently a draft genome sequence of wheat was prepared by scientists. Explain the significance of this research, especially for India.
3) Write a note on the science behind India’s Green Revolution.
4) Examine the reasons behind proliferation of Ponzi schemes in India and explain what regulatory measures are in place to check them.
5) “Entitlement programmes should be delinked from the poverty line .” Critically comment.
6) “The Rangarajan expert group method of poverty estimation is both theoretically and empirically implausible.” Critically examine.
7) “The Gaza strip is one part of an apartheid system stretching from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea and is a victim of Settler Colonialism.” Critically comment.
8) Write a note on real estate investment trusts (REITS) and explain why was it in news recently.
9) Critically analyse the recently notified rules for private corporations regarding corporate social responsibility (CSR) under the Companies Act, 2013.