15 July 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) How did apartheid start in South Africa and how was it ended. Critically comment.
2) Do you agree with the view that Israel is using extreme violence against Palestine in self-defence? Critically comment.
3) Examine why a civil nuclear cooperation agreement between India and Japan is still pending despite India’s eagerness to sign a deal? Discuss the benefits of such a deal if it materialises.
4) Critically comment on the growth of extremism and terrorism across the world in last three decades. Do you think their growth is the result of USA’s wars during these three decades? Critically examine.
5) Critically analyse on important provisions of the draft Women’s Reservation Bill.
6) Why was the Planning Commission set up? Critically comment on its evolution since independence.
7) Write a note on the significance of the “Occupy Central” movement in Hong Kong
8) Write a note on the UN Convention on the Law of the Non-Navigational Uses of International Watercourses.
9) ‘Asia wants a new specialized bank to fill the gaps left by the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank.’ Comment.