[UPSC MAINS-2014] Insights Secure-2014: Questions on Current Events, 14 July 2014
14 July 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) Comment on the strategy used by the Government and RBI to increase financial inclusion in the country.
2) What do you understand by capital gains tax? Write a note on the capital gains account scheme.
3) In the context of growth of Indian cities, critically analyse the process of urbanisation and its effect on water availability.
4) Examine the objectives of establishing a New Development Bank by the BRICS countries. Do you think there is a need for another world financial institution? Comment.
5) What do you understand by ‘informal economy’? Explain its significance to India.
6) Critically comment on the ‘smart city’ concept.
7) Examine how amending the Factories Act, 1948 and the Minimum Wages Act, 1948 are crucial to bring in labour reforms in India.
8) Write a critical note on the maritime territorial dispute between India and Bangladesh.
9) Critically comment on the effectiveness of Section 498A of the Indian Penal Code.