10 July 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) The Sundar Committee Report of 2011 on road safety issue is an important step forward. Critically examine its recommendations and their importance.
2) What is geothermal energy? How is it produced? Examine in which parts of the world its production is more.
3) The 2013-14 Economic Survey calls for creation of a national common agriculture market in the country. Examine what’s the intention behind this proposal. Do you think it will address some of the pressing problems in agriculture? Critically comment.
4) The Economic Survey 2013-14 calls for trade reforms in the country. Discuss the existing bottlenecks in the trade front and how they can be removed.
5) Compare and contrast the grounds and procedure involved in the impeachment of the Presidents of USA and India respectively.
6) Discuss why immigration issue in USA is a very sensitive issue.
7) Analyse the twin objectives of the Indian defence industry. Do you think policies advocated and implemented so far have done justice to these twin objectives? Comment.
6) Critically comment on India’s achievements in meeting the targets of Millenium Development Goals.
7) ‘America’s present policy in the Middle East is reversal of its own policy for the region it advocated after the First World War.’ Comment.