09 July 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) What are the objectives and uses of estimation of poverty line? Do you think these estimations have helped to meet those objectives effectively? Critically comment.
2) Critically analyse the reasons behind crises in the power sector in India.
3) ‘India’s economic future and prosperity are best served by leading the shift from fossil fuels to renewable and clean energy’. In the light of threat to ecology and livelihood as a result of climate change, critically comment on the statement.
4) Discuss how his life in South Africa transformed Mahatma Gandhi and helped him fight the British in India.
5) Critically discuss the grounds on which Hitler and his administration carried out the ruthless persecution of the Jews in Europe.
6) What measures are needed to be taken to increase the forest cover in the country? Explain.
7) Examine the sources of revenue for the Indian Railways to implement various reforms to ensure safety and efficiency in its operations.
8) Critically comment on the existence of Sharia courts in the country and the opinion of the Supreme Court on their rulings.