08 July 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) Examine on what pillars does India’s stand in the climate negotiations rest? Do you think India’s stand is justified? Critically comment.
2) Critically evaluate Pakistan military’s ‘strategic depth’ doctrine. Do you think it’s relevant in the light of recent developments in the region? Examine.
3) Hardly 10 per cent of sewage generated in the country is treated to recycle water. Critically examine the reasons and offer solutions to address this problem.
4) Discuss the procedure involved in selecting the Leader of the Opposition Lok Sabha. Also examine his/her position an duties in Loksabha.
5) Write a critical note on the relationship between India and the United Kingdom.
6) “ The Land Border Agreement and the Teesta agreement are now a litmus test of India’s willingness to have good relations with neighbours.” Critically comment.
7) ‘The controversy over the Four Year Undergraduate Programme (FYUP) raises several important issues on university autonomy, academic freedom, the regulatory powers of the University Grants Commission and the power of the Central government to interfere in higher education in the country.’ Critically analyse.