Insights Secure-2014: Questions On Current Events and General Studies
31 May 2014
Answer ALL the following questions in about 200 words
- “When it comes to economic matters, the government is an enabler and facilitator. Its primary job is to develop and maintain a system in which people – the rich and the poor – can take steps by themselves to better their lives. ” In the light of the statement, critically examine the nature of poverty removal programmes in India.
- Write a note on the proposed diamond quadrilateral railway project. Do you think such a project is feasible in the current economic conditions? Comment.
- In your opinion, what are the big problems that agriculture in India is facing at present. Do you think myriad schemes and programmes are able to effectively address these problems? Critically evaluate.
- Comment why many bird species in India are becoming extinct in recent years.
- Critically examine the changing role of military in Pakistan’s domestic and foreign affairs in recent years.
- Do you agree with the proposal that privatisation of public sector banks is need of the hour to reform banking sector in India? Critically comment.
- Critically comment on Jawaharlal Nehru’s contribution to strengthening democracy in India post-Independence.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- Write a note on the involvement of private sector in recent years in space exploration.
- Write a note on the McLanahan Nutrient Separation System and its applications.