Insights Secure-2014: Questions On Current Events and General Studies
- May 29, 2014
- Posted by: INSIGHTS
- Category: SECURE-2014
29 May 2014
Answer ALL the following questions in about 200 words
1. Why does the Constitution of India make provisions regarding ineligibility of certain categories for further employment under the government of India? With examples, critically comment.
2. Why does India want to introduce a national goods and services tax (GST) replacing all indirect taxes? Explain the rationale behind this and also examine its advantages and disadvantages.
3. Examine the structure and role of the Ministry of Human Resource Development of the union government of India. Which schemes is it implementing towards imparting literacy to illiterate people? Examine.
4. Examine the functions of the Prime Minister’s Office. Do you think a powerful PMO diminishes the role of cabinet and cabinet ministries? Comment.
5. Critically comment on America’s recent foreign policy initiatives. Do you think its supremacy as sole superpower in the world is waning? Comment.
6. Critically examine the reforms needed to make healthcare affordable and universal in India.
7. Write a note on important information technology tools and projects that are being used across the country to help farmers in various capacities.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
8. Comment on India’s new Science, Technology and Innovation Policy 2013. Compare it with China’s S&T policy.