27 May 2014
Answer ALL the following questions in about 200 words
1. What are the fundamental problems faced by the defence sector in India? Critically examine.
2. Critically evaluate the role played by the Competition Commission of India in upholding its mandate.
3. Examine the reasons behind increasing man – wildlife conflict in various parts of India. What measures would you suggest to reduce such instances?
4. Critically comment on how the role of the Prime Minister’s Office has changed during past twenty years.
5. Comment on the design and performance of various watershed development programmes in India.
6. Examine the prospects and potential of wind energy generation in India. Explain what measures has government taken to harness wind energy in India.
7. Write a note on Tender SURE (Specifications for Urban Road Execution)
8. Comment on important issues that decided the outcome of recently held elections to the European Parliament.
9. Critically comment on India’s policy towards Pakistan during last ten years.
10. Discuss the importance of Micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) to the Indian economy.
The Indian Express
11. Critically comment on the role played by the intelligentsia during freedom struggle.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
12. Discuss about the Third stage of India’s nuclear programme.