19 May 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1. India’s inability to provide public services to its masses is hindering its growth. Why do you think India is unable to deliver public services efficiently to all its citizens? Critically comment.
2. What are the causes of persistently high food inflation in India? In your opinion what measures should be taken to tame this inflation? Explain.
3. Comment on the nature of relationship between India and Israel. Do you think Israel can be India’s natural ally? Examine.
4. Differentiate between ‘natural ally’ and ‘strategic partners’. To which category would you place Bangladesh vis a vis India? Substantiate.
5. Examine the growth of communism in India till now post economic liberalization of early 1990s.
6. Explain the significance of food processing industries to India. Examine the bottlenecks faced by the industry and measures taken by the government to address them.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
7. Write a note on the ‘Longitude Prize’.