15 May 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
- In the light of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) —appointed committee on governance requirement at banks headed by P.J.Nayak, which submitted its report recently, examine the problems faced by public sector banks and what should be done to make them more competitive.
- “Ever since its inception in the early 1970s, agricultural insurance has defied all attempts to make it farmer-friendly and economically viable.” Critically comment.
- In the light of the Supreme Court order in the “Association of Unified Telecom Service Providers and Others vs Union of India” case, critically examine the concerns expressed by the private players and comment if these concerns are genuine.
- Recently many media reports suggest that the Chinese economy is going through a rough patch in many sectors. Examine the nature and reasons behind reported Chinese economic problems.
- Critically analyse various formulae put forward by many stakeholders to resolve the Kashmir problem.
- Write a critical note on the recent political crisis in Thailand.
- Critically discuss how recent developments post-Arab Spring in the West Asian countries have given rise to new terrorist outfits and the dangers they pose to the security of the region and beyond.
8. Discuss the factors which helped Hitler to hold on to power for so long in Germany.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- What is Green Tobacco Sickness? Examine its causes, symptoms and prevalence in India.
- Why has India not produced a software giant equivalent to Google and Microsoft? Examine.