14 May 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1. Do you agree with the view that the Planning Commission is redundant and should be wound up? In the light of its present functions, critically comment.
2. Why was the Tax Administration Reform Commission (TARC) headed by Parthasarathi Shome set up by the Finance Ministry? What are its terms of reference?
3. Why is India projected as a soft power? Do you think this image has helped India to advance its foreign policy goals? Critically analyse.
4. Write a note on people-public-private partnership (PPPP) model of investment
5. Comment on the highlights of the Whistleblowers Protection Bill, 2011
6. Critically discuss India’s border problem with Pakistan.
7. What is Jhum cultivation? Is it good for forests? In the light of Mizoram’s recent New Land Use Policy (NLUP) and its consequences, critically comment.
8. Examine why right to education was not made a fundamental right by the Constituent Assembly when it drafted the Constitution of India?
9. Write a note on the Europe’s Peace Plan which has been proposed to resolve Ukraine crisis
10. What are the basic differences between capitalism and communism. Critically analyse how these two political systems have changed and interacted over the years in China and Russia.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
11. Explain the difference between working of bullet and maglev trains.