07 May 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1. In your opinion why do railway accidents keep occurring? What are the problems being faced by the Indian Railways when it comes to ensuring safety? Critically examine measures taken so far in this regard.
2. Critically comment on Supreme Court’s decision to set-up committees headed by its judges to look into matters beyond its jurisdiction. Do you think proactive and overreaching judiciary is necessary to India? Comment.
3. Comment on the recommendations of Parekh panel on infrastructure’s interim report.
4. Do you think Right Education Act needed constitutional status? Critically comment, especially keeping in mind objections raised by unaided private schools.
5. Discuss the emerging problems being faced by megacities around the world.
6. “A uniform policy at the central level should focus on access to higher education and not on any “right” to education. The rights-based narrative should be confined to universal primary education alone, a fundamental right.” Comment.
7. Comment on the growth of capitalism in East Asia post Second World War.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
8. Write a note on Google Glass and its applications.