25 April 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1. Critically comment on various problems faced by women at workplaces and social constraints that hinder their career growth.
2. What were the underlying reasons for colonialism? Do you think policies of developed countries vis-a-vis developing and poor countries reflect those underlying reasons in the modern day world? Critically comment.
3. Discuss the relation between financial inclusion and inclusive development.
4. How is drought caused? What are its consequences? Examine what measures has government taken to mitigate the threats of drought.
5. In your opinion, what India needs to do to become a developed country? Critically comment.
6. Write a note on Lok Adalat system in India.
7. “The Supreme Court’s verdict permitting resumption of iron-ore mining in Goa with a temporary cap of 20 million tonnes per annum is welcome for more reasons than one.” Comment.