23 April 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1. It’s said that India needs a friendly labour policy to improve its economic growth. Examine the issues involved and explain what reforms are needed in its labour policy.
2. What is corruption? Do you agree with the view that corruption is a non -issue for voters while casting their votes in elections? Substantiate.
3. What is minimum support price? How is it determined? Examine the problems associated with food grains procurement and their storage by the government in India.
4. What is ‘black money’? What measures has government taken to bring back black money that is deposited illegally in foreign countries? Also examine if government has taken any measures to check its proliferation within the country.
5. What are ‘drones’? Write a note on their non-military applications.
6. Explain the motivations and nature of the 1960s civil rights movement in United States of America. What was its outcome? Comment.
7.What is the First-Past-the-Post (FPTP) type of election system? Explain the merits and demerits of this system, especially in the Indian context.
8. What is the Proportional Representation (PR) system of elections? Does it suit India? Why has not India adopted this system? Explain its merits and demerits.