22 April 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1. Should CAG be allowed to audit accounts of private companies? Comment on the concerns expressed on Supreme Court’s recent judgement allowing CAG to audit accounts of private telecommunications companies.
2. With examples examine various factors that affect institutional procedures and conventions while appointing a person to top posts in India. Also comment what effect these factors can have on these institutions and on democracy as a whole.
3. Examine and comment on various contentious issues concerning clinical trials in India.
4. Discuss the evolution of India’s patent laws since independence. Are they compliant with international agreements? Examine.
5. What judicial reforms are needed in India? Towards this what measures have been taken by the governments at the centre? Examine.
6. Write a note on the significance of the Constitution (One Hundred And Twentieth Amendment) Bill 2013.