18 April 2014
Answer ALL the following questions in about 200 words
1. Examine the structure, mandate and importance of International Finance Corporation (IFC). What is the criteria being followed by IFC when it lends money? Critically examine.
2. Explain how technology can be harnessed to bring sanitation to Indian villages and cities.
3. Do you think the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) can audit accounts of private firms? Critically comment oh his duties and responsibilities.
4. Critically examine the problems being faced by the state and central governments in properly implementing welfare schemes.
5. “To improve overall health, the public health sector will have to coordinate and collaborate with other sectors, nationally and regionally, and with several stakeholders.” In the light of the statement, critically comment on the role of the governments, political parties in reforming this sector.
6. Discuss the problems associated with the present structure of internet governance.
7. “Currently, high levels of consumption with respect to energy-related commodities are paralysing operations in the country because of non-performing policy initiatives. The demand-supply imbalance is evident across all commodities, requiring serious efforts by the new government to augment energy supplies to avoid a severe energy supply crunch.” With reference the given statement, critically analyse the problems in the energy sector and measures needed to be taken by the government to address the issues.