15, April 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1. What is India’s nuclear doctrine? Does it need a revision? Substantiate.
2. Examine the emerging threats to food crops in India. What should be done to ensure their productivity and growth to meet growing demand for food? Comment.
3. Examine the contentious issues between India and ASEAN in finalising Free Trade Agreement between them in services.
4. What is aptitude? What are the foundational values for civil servants? Explain any three of them.
5. What is artificial blood? How is it produced? What are its applications?
6. Critically comment on the existing barriers to deepen Indian democracy further. In your opinion, what reforms are needed to deepen it further? Comment.
7. What are the main challenges that Afghanistan would face in coming days in its quest to become democracy and a stable country? Analyze.
8. Should there be reservation in private sector for the SC, ST and backward castes? Critically comment.