10 April 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1. What is Agreement on Government Procurement (GPA) under WTO? Should India sign it? What are the benefits? Explain.
2. Critically comment on the recent developments in the polity and economy of Turkey.
3. Examine the history of border disputes between India and China. What efforts were made prior to 1962 to resolve the border issue?
4. “Indian society is not yet fully secular, while the Indian state understands secularism as state neutrality towards religion combined with select interventions in the religious domain to safeguard some rights. ” In the light of the statement, comment on the nature of secularism practised by the society and the government in India.
5. Analyze the factors which have contributed towards high voter turnouts during recent elections.
6. “When India organises its higher education structure effectively and provides the support needed, it will do well in the rankings.” What needs to be done by India? Comment.