08 April 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1. What are the important revelations and conclusions of the recently released Henderson Brooks Report on the 1962 India-China border war? Comment on them.
2. One of the root causes of the slow dispensation of justice is the lack of speed in investigations. Comment on the reasons that cause slow investigations and suggest measures to speed them up.
3. Post Right to Education’s enactment, the government is responsible for guaranteeing quality education to all children in the country. What are your observations regarding the quality of education provided today? Suggest concrete measures to improve the quality of education provided.
4. Do you think India’s foreign policy and service needs its own reforms? Why? Critically comment .
5. Critically analyse the strategic and geopolitical costs of constantly neglecting the development of India’s North Eastern region?
6. Critically examine the role played by women in the 1857 revolt against the British.