05, April 2014
Answer ALL the following questions in about 200 words
1. What were the important recommendations of Narasimham committee (1991) on banking reforms? Have those recommendations been implemented so far? Examine.
2. Critically evaluate the efforts taken by the international community and Israel – Palestine themselves to resolve their differences since 2000.
3. Write a note on Yale Environmental Performance Index . Comment on India’s ranking.
4. According to WHO, Vector-borne diseases are adding to the vicious cycle of poverty and have a significant impact of socio-economic status of communities. Which are those diseases? How do they exacerbate poverty? Comment.
5. The recently-concluded India Human Development Survey (IHDS) seems to suggest that the inclusive growth policy implemented during the 11th Five Year Plan may have been working. How? Examine.