04, April 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1. Write a note on Background Imaging of Cosmic Extragalactic Polarisation 2 (BICEP2) experiment conducted at the South Pole recently. Explain its significance.
2. Critically comment on Sri Lanka’s policies towards its Tamil population post – 2009 victory over LTTE.
3. In the light of recent Supreme Court judgement, critically analyse all the positive and negative criticisms against Aadhar project.
4. What are the challenges being faced by Assam and the Indian government in dealing with migrants from Bangladesh post 1971 war. Examine the steps taken so far to address the issue.
5. Explain the functioning of PSLV. Examine why it’s been very successful so far.
6. With examples explain how insurgency poses threat to smooth functioning of democratic processes in India.
7. Write a note on ZunZuneo project which was in news recently.
8.What is Social Progress Index? How is it calculated? Explain.
9. In recently released Social Progress Index, Bangladesh ranks ahead of India, and USA, most powerful nation ranks 16th. Critically explain why some countries with rich resources and stable governments are ranked low in the index.