01 April 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1. Critically assess the nature of Indian diplomacy with its neighboring countries in South Asia since Independence.
2. Discuss the importance of creating a strong manufacturing-based middle class in India. Why do you think India has failed in creating a strong skilled labor force in manufacturing sector? Examine.
3. What measures has India taken so far to combat climate change effects? Examine.
4. Comment on the nature and consequences of China’s economic model and governance system under the existing political leadership. Do you think such a model suits India? Critically comment.
5. “Separation of powers is indispensable because under the Constitution, power divides itself so that reason can rule.” In the light of recent tussle between various organs of the state, critically comment on the statement.