27 March 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1. What do you understand by money laundering? Critically discuss its effect on the economy and security of a country, especially India.
2. It is said that even advanced countries can not continue to provide better living standards to their future generations because of various challenges and issues that are arising in the world today. Critically comment on those challenges and examine how same set of challenges would affect developing countries.
3. “Madhav Gadgil report on Western Ghats was far more comprehensive and scientific in nature and should have been implemented.” Do you agree? In the context of recent notifications by the union government based on other report by K Kasturirangan, comment on the statement.
4. What are the effects of non tariff measures on the economy imposing such measures? How is India responding to such measures imposed by some developed countries? Explain.
5. Examine the causes behind India’s slipping rank in fish production.
6. What are the geopolitical implications of China’s rise on India, especially Northeastern India? Discuss.
7. Do you think G-7 was right in suspending Russia from its membership? Comment.
8. Can Russia effectively use its supply of natural gas to Europe as leverage to thwart attempts by EU to impose more sanctions on it? Examine.
9. What do you understand by virtual reality? What are its applications?