26 March 2014
Answer ALL the following questions in about 200 words
1. “Political changes in India and at the international level have “orphaned” the Palestinians. ” Do you agree? Substantiate.
2. By some estimates, India will become water scarce in just about five years, and be a massive 50 per cent short on water in another 10. In this scenario, what is the approach of 12th five year plan to conserve water? In your opinion what measures should be taken to save water for future generations?
3. Explain the measures taken by the government of India to reduce air pollution in India. In what ways air pollution affects the health of humans? Explain.
4. Do you agree with the view that Russia was compelled and forced to act decisively in the Ukraine issue by the West? Substantiate.
5. “It is not possible to control the weather, but it is possible to understand its dynamics and to prepare to avoid tragedies affecting the most vulnerable populations of the globe.” In the context of various natural hazards and disasters affecting India recently, how is it taking preventive measures to manage such events. Examine.
6. The recently drafted draft Constitution of Egypt leaves far too much to executive and legislative discretion. Comment.
7. Write a note on RBI’s Foreign Portfolio Investment Scheme