24 March 2014
Answer ALL the following questions in about 200 words
1. Recently all big accounting companies are strengthening their forensic audit teams and investing more into these. What is forensic audit? What is its importance and why is there a rush to do this by many companies? Explain.
2. Even after allowing FDI in multi brand retail there seems to be lack of interest on part of foreign companies to invest in India. What are the reasons? Do you think FDI in retail is bad for Indian economy? Comment.
3. What do you understand by the incremental capital-output ratio, or ICOR? Explain its importance.
4. “Water management requires society to rebuild knowledge to live with nature. And this re-skilling will be possible only when knowledge seekers and innovators learn from each other. Build a new science and a new art – together.” In the light of traditional methods adopted by our ancestors in different geographies to conserve water, critically comment on the statement.
5. Examine trade relations between India and Nepal. Recently there were instances of smuggling fake currency from Nepal to India. What are the reasons behind this and how both countries are dealing with this?
6. Comment on the relationship between China and Taiwan. Explain the circumstances that led to creation of separate government in Taiwan in late 1940s.
7. Examine the factors that led to Nazi coming to power in Germany in 1930s. Why did Nazis persecute Jews? Explain.
8. Differences over intellectual property rights (IPRs) have emerged as a strong undercurrent in India’s economic relations with the U.S. Elaborate. Do you think US’ stand is justified? Comment.