18, March 2014
Answer ALL the following questions in about 200 Words
1. “In a difficult global environment, a sustainable expansion of India’s economy can only come from productivity-driven increases in domestic employment and wages.” In the context of influence of global economy on India’s, elaborate the statement.
2. Why is India lacking in defense indigenization? What should be done by the government to galvanize defense indigenization? Explain.
3. Critically discuss about the need and the obstacles in bringing about police reforms in India.
4. Myanmar’s democratisation is leading to its opening up and growing importance for existing and newer regional powers. In the light of the statement, analyze India’s strategic and geopolitical opportunities in Myanmar.
5. Discuss India’s policy on Tibet. Critically examine the events that led to fleeing of Dalai Lama from Tibet 1959 and events thereafter.
6. Discuss about the nature and implications of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) being negotiated by the U.S with other developed countries.
7. Analyze the areas of cooperation and conflicts between India and China in the economic sphere.
8. What do you understand by the Big Bang theory? How is it related to Einstein’s general theory of relativity? Explain in layman’s terms.
9. Do you think Aadhaar initiative as a failure especially as a tool of providing social security to the weaker sections? Critically comment.