14, March 2014
Answer ALL the following questions in about 200 words
1. According to data released by the Planning Commission, Poverty among the marginalised saw steep fall in FY05-FY12. In your opinion what are the possible factors that contributed to this positive development? Critically analyze.
2. Post sovereign debt crisis in Europe, except Greece, most other affected countries are now relying on their own revenues and are out of crisis. Examine the factors that led to recovery of these countries.
3. Suggest measures to revitalize India’s infrastructure sector and to achieve the goal of 48 percent private participation in infrastructure projects as envisioned in the 12th plan.
4. Explain the mechanism of formation of El Nino.
5. What is an ADSL modem? Recently it was in news with reference to cyber security issue. Examine why.
6. What do you understand by bioethics? Explain its importance in the development of science.
7. What are the reasons behind completion of trials in Indian courts? In the light of recent judgments by the Supreme Court, critically analyze the need for speedy trials of both citizens and the legislators.
8. In spite of frequent and regular elections, there still exist many pitfalls in the present electoral system in India. What are those pitfalls? Critically analyze.
9. In spite of close historical and cultural connections, India and Myanmar have not been able to exploit them to develop each other. Examine the opportunities that exist for both the countries in the Northeast and how strong relations, especially economic, can be brought together between two countries.