10, March 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1. What are the key differences between the reports submitted by Madhav Gadgil and Kasturirangan on Western Ghats? In your opinion which report is more suitable for implementation and why? Comment.
2. Infrastructure in India is poor and the strategy adopted to develop it so far has not yielded any tangible results. What are the reasons behind this? Based on your own observations, provide solutions to the problem.
3. In various parts of the country construction of several dams have been opposed on many grounds. Give any three such examples and critically analyze if national interest be above that of local concerns.
4. What is upstream oil and gas sector? Discuss the issues between India and USA in this sector.
5. Write a critical note on Balochistan separatist issue in Pakistan.
6. Explain why increase in atmospheric temperature has an adverse impact on life on earth?