28, February 2014
Answer all the questions in about 200 words.
1. “The G-20 group has been increasingly challenged to retain its relevance and effectiveness in dealing with a host of global co-ordination problems that are more structural in nature.” Comment.
2. “Foreign institutional investors (FIIs) have huge power over Indian equity markets and will ultimately force responsible governance from any political formation coming to power in May 2014.” Comment.
3. Do you support field trials of GM food crops in India? Explain why.
4. “To restore India as a liberal democratic nation, it will require more than a mere conduct of regular, supposedly free and fair, elections.” Comment.
5. “India’s military is, literally, on the verge of breakdown.” Critically comment.
6. What is FEMA (Foreign Exchange Management Act)? Why was it enacted? Explain.
7. Comment on the recently notified new rules for the new ‘corporate social responsibility’ (CSR) regime.