Thanks for actively participating in this initiative. We see every day some people writing exceptionally good answers, and some who initially wrote bad answers getting lot better. But all those answers get lost under lots of comments and it becomes difficult to later search for good answers.
So, we request few volunteers among you to every day copy and paste best answers in a Word Document and send us to our email (insightsonindia at gmail dot com) so that we post them next day for the benefit of you and other readers, who can access them easily during exams and revise them fast. We assure you that many questions would come in both Prelims and Mains from this initiative (because every syllabus related issue is covered through these questions).
It can be done by 3 people. One aspirant can send it for two days, second aspirant on other two days, likewise in a cyclic manner you can do this. We hope some of you would come forward and help others. Thank you.
18, December 2013
1. How can gene therapy be used to treat Thalassemia and Sickle Cell anemia? Explain in layman’s words. (200 Words)
2. How was North Korea born? Analyze the relation between North and South Koreas. (200 Words)
3. Why some Sections of the Delhi Special Police Establishment Act were recently in news? Examine. (200 Words)
4. Has MGNREGA succeeded in its mission? Critically evaluate. (200 Words)
5. What are Autonomous District Councils in India? Critically analyze their role and performance over the year. (200 Words)
6. Write a note on the organization, role and importance of Sahastra Seema Bal . (200 Words)
7. Compare and contrast India’s Rajya Sabha and UK’s House of Lords in their composition, functions and importance to their respective countries. (200 Words)
8. Do we need ‘right to healthcare’ act or an overhaul of present healthcare system? Critically analyze. (200 Words)
9. “In Afghanistan India is at risk of wasting opportunities to build on what has been one of its greatest diplomatic successes in the past decade.” Critically examine. (200 Words)
10. What are the highlights of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012 (POCSO)? Write a critical note on its implementation. (200 Words)
11. Nirbhaya Fund (50 Words)
1. What are non-performing assets (NPAs)? What is the role of RBI in minimising them? (200 Words)