16, December 2013
1. “The idea of developing shale oil and gas, mainly by the U.S. and Canada, has galvanised the geopolitics of the energy market.” Comment. (200 Words)
2. What are the advantages of Bitocoin? Explain in the Indian context. (200 Words)
3. Differentiate between copyright and copyleft. (100 Words)
4. What are the key feature of electricity act 2003? In your opinion, what are the main problems being faced by the power sector in India? Examine. (200 Words)
5. What is Bridge Loan? (50 Words)
The Hindu (see the last word in the article)
6. Do you think that the recent protests against the government in Ukraine are the result of geopolitical games played in the region rather than a genuine expression of discontent against the functioning of the government? Critically comment.
7. What were the reasons behind Kosovo war and its political consequences? Explain briefly. (200 Words)
8. How is tsunami produced? Explain. (200 Words)
9. What is Carbon Sink? Give examples and explain their role. (200 Words)
10. “If we disregard [environmental] sustainability, whatever progress we have made in poverty reduction or improvement of human development will just be erased due to climate change.” Elaborate with examples. (200 Words)
11. “Jade Rabbit” rover (50 Words)
12. The Union Government has enacted the Unorganised Workers’ Social Security Act, 2008 for the social security and welfare of unorganised workers which includes domestic workers. What are the main features of the act? Do you think it adequately addresses the minimum wage issue for domestic workers? Comment.
13. What do you understand by insider trading? Why this should be regulated? Explain in the light of the recommendations of the Committee under the chairmanship of Justice N.K. Sodhi. (200 Words)
14. Critically comment on the issue of ‘rights’ associated with the recent judgement by the Supreme Court in the case of Suresh Kumar Koushal and another v. NAZ Foundation and others. (200 Words)