We are delighted to announce Free Mock UPSC Civil Services Mains exam for the candidates appearing for Mains – 2013.
It will be held (only for GS papers)for three consecutive days on the UPSC model starting from 21st November.
21 November 2013
- Essay (Morning 9 am to 12 pm)
22 November 2013 –
- General Studies – 1 (9 am to 12 pm)
- General Studies – 2 ( 2 pm to 5 pm)
23 November 2013
- General Studies – 3 (9 am to 12 pm)
- General Studies – 4 ( 2 pm to 5 pm)
This is to give the feeling of real exam before the Main exam. Questions will be tough and would help in gauging your level of preparation. If someone answers even 50% of them, he/she can be sure of doing very well in the Mains 2013.
Questions will be strictly 100% syllabus related.
In no way one should feel less confident if they can not answer all the questions. As we said earlier, intentionally questions will be of difficult level. Even in real exam, no one can answer all the questions.
How it’s Done
- Exactly 5 minutes before exam starts, question paper would be posted on the blog.
- Read questions carefully and start answering as you would do in exam hall.
- For this, be ready with a answer booklet of around 30 pages (15 sheets) and two good ballpoint pens (Black or Blue).
- It would be nice if you could keep ready Answer Booklet previous night by drawing margins on the UPSC model. (for reference)
- Each question should be answered sequentially. i.e, you should not answer question 1 and then question 5 unless you don’t know answers to questions 2,3 and 4.
- Leave blank those questions for which you don’t know the answer and attempt the next question. Later you can come back and write answers to the questions not attempted earlier.
- Take it seriously and try to finish paper within three hours.
- Don’t search for answers online even if you don’t know answers to many questions. You can do it later in the evening.
- After 3 hours is over, give the booklet to a friend for evaluation, or do a group discussion. Or do self evaluation.
- Those preparing for 2014 can answer those questions in the comments box, but only after 3 hours. Till then comment box will be closed.
- We request 2014 aspirants to participate actively and write good answers. It would help candidates writing Mains this year to quickly go through your answers and find answers to some difficult questions.
Of course it is free and is for your benefit. Use it to the maximum.
Any suggestion or feedback is welcome to improve the above initiative. So, start revising.