UPSC Mains Syllabus Related Articles From Yojana 2012 Issues
The following articles are from 2012 issues of Yojana. Many important articles are here that are directly related to topics in GS Papers (Mainly Paper-III and IV).
Though, reading these articles is enough, I still suggest you to go through magazines at least once.
You should be able to analyze a question on certain topic from different angles. The following articles will help you in this.
1. Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health
- Drug and Pharmaceutical Policy
- India Health Issues and Challenges
- Occupational Lifestyle Diseases in India
- Towards a Healthier India
2. Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Education
3. Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes
- Janani Shishu Shuraksha Karyakram
- Child Protection in India
- Girl Child in India
- Child Welfare Policies and Programs in India
- Rights of the Child
5.Role of women and women’s organization,
- Amending Archaic Laws to Empower Women
- Women and Panchayati Raj
- Energy Access and Gender Inclusion in Energy Planning
- NCW – Twenty Years of Empowering
- Empowering Women in Agriculture
6. e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential
7. Achievements of Indians in science & technology
8. Transport and marketing of agricultural produce and issues and related constraints
9. Factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary, and tertiary sector industries in various parts of the world (including India) – Following articles are useful for Geography students too.
- Mobile Phone and Component Manufacturing
- IT in India
- Evolution of Telecom and IT Sector in India
- Influence of FDI on Retail Sector
- Future of Chip Design Industry
- Indian ITES Industry
10. Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
11. Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
- Infrastructure Investment in the Eleventh Plan – Appraisal
- Corruption and the Twelfth Plan
- Prospects and Policy Challenges in the Twelfth Plan
12. Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
13. Environmental pollution and degradation
14. Issues relating to poverty and hunger
15. Disaster and disaster management
- Natural Disaster Management in India
- Challenges in Disaster Management
- Managing Disasters in India
- Post Disaster Impact Assessment and Funding Mechanism
16. Development processes and the development industry- the role of NGOs, SHGs
17. Global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests